WELCOME: Just a bit of nonsense really from a paper crafter and quilter who loves to dabble in all sorts of crafts. It will give me a way of remembering my craft projects - and sharing them with others

19 August 2011

Hexie with a cheat

I am not 100% comfortable with the hand-sewing but I am getting there. I used to hand sew all the time but I am out of practice and my fingers and eyes are 15 years older.   Until I am really in the swing of it again I thought I would cut out some of the small hand-stitching within the larger shapes by machining some pieces of fabrics together. I have done several strip combinations and this is one of the finished hexies.

 
 I have also tried a couple of more adventurous foundation pieced combinations like this one.


As I have marked out my shapes on the 60' triangle paper then it will be easy to line up the machined combination to ensure it comes out right.  Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. That final "fingers crossed" in that post really made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is great Linda! I did that too for a couple of blocks, but am still piecing the rest of them. I'll post them in Flickr when I finally get time to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "cheat" is a great idea! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete