WELCOME: Just a bit of nonsense really from a paper crafter and quilter who loves to dabble in all sorts of crafts. It will give me a way of remembering my craft projects - and sharing them with others

10 March 2011

SIBOLDI GIRLS GO CRAFTING PT 3

On Sunday morning before the long drive home we covered the match boxes to go with the tea cups and then Mum let me plunder her huge bag of old lace so I can use them in my vintage projects.  I also made a box and tag as I am going to give Carol one of the tea cups for her birthday.

Mum also started me off with a felted sewing project inspired by the felt landscapes done by Aileen Clarke. (Love her blog).  She painted onto bondaweb and then transferred the colours onto the felt ready for some decorative stitching and finally some little embroidered sheep.  Not sure when I am going to get the time to finish it but it will be something to look forward to. Watch this space.



Then it was pack up time and Sunday lunch at the Dog and Duck in Walkington (roast lamb- yummy). Had an inspired idea about a quilt design incorporating a celtic design panel which has been bugging me so all in all a very successful weekend. (Pity about the broken tooth on Friday night at the restaurant we went to celebrate Jonny's birthday- going to end up a very expensive meal!)  Four hours to get home plus a little nap at Leicester Forest services. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment