WELCOME: Just a bit of nonsense really from a paper crafter and quilter who loves to dabble in all sorts of crafts. It will give me a way of remembering my craft projects - and sharing them with others

21 March 2011

INSPIRATION FROM THE IDEAL HOME EXHIBITION

We were lucky enough to be given tickets for the Ideal Home Exhibition and we went on Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed wandering around and looking at the demonstrations.  One thing I particularly liked was the containers with wax crystals and wicks which makes a very easy candle without having to mess about melting the wax.  Bought a bag of crystals and 10 wicks to have a go.

  

http://www.alexanderinteriors.co.uk/wax.aspx

On Saturday I went out to see if the lovely china cup and saucer I had seen in the RSPCA charity shop was still there and luckily it was so I bought it to make my first wax candle project using the wax crystals- I think it will look great on our mantle piece.  The shop described the china as being Mintons cup and dated it as circa 1891- must do some research. Unfortunately the saucer has been mended so you are arent going to see this on the Antiques Road Show.





.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty cup and if it is damagaed, what a lovely way to recycle it-as a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is Gorgious! I love the color and the finger opening (I'm sure there is an official name but I don't know it) shape is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! What a great way to cherish a beautiful piece of china. It will make a lovely candle. Minton....too bad it is cracked!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi: You found a Minton how fun! It is very pretty. Thank you for joining Tea Cup Tuesday. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful teacup! Love the sweet design!

    ReplyDelete